Monday, August 11, 2008

Vegas Workout

I didn't want to run in the heat today...that's my official story. Unofficially, I think the Potato Vodka sampler at Red Square may have tempered me a bit. :) Anyhow, I went to the Bellagio spa/fitness center this morning instead. I gagged at the $25 per day fee. But I needed a workout and choked the fee down hoping to recoup it a the tables later in the day...which I did.

In addition to a total upper body workout that left my arms shaking, I started with 12 minutes on the treadmill and proceeded with squats and leg extensions. I also hoped to get in some laps at the pool, but the pools at the Bellagio are for drinking and floating around. Swimming in them would be more of an obstacle course than a measured workout.

I plan to run tomorrow and use the fitness center on Wednesday.

$ update. I won another $25 at the Bellagio Pai Gow tables plus an additional $160 from Blackjack at Planet Hollywood.

Celebrity update: met Pete Rose today. After his lifetime ban from baseball for gambling I would think he might avoid Las Vegas. Also, we saw the cast from Prison Break shooting at Planet Hollywood.

2 comments:

mikenmary99 said...

Looks like you should stay at the blackjack table and avoid tables with funny foreign names.

PS, when are you going to tell us that you are thinking about doing a triathlon.

Anonymous said...

Lollygagging at the tables, shame on you. But... since you are winning, go for it. Hoist one for me.