Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Guilt Run (plus a little foot pain)

Here’s info on my morning 4.44 mile run. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/596478

Lap

Total Time

Distance

Pace

Calories

1

0:07:53

1

7:53

98

2

0:07:47

1

7:47

110

3

0:07:32

1

7:32

111

4

0:07:02

1

7:02

108

5

0:02:55

0.44

6:40

47

Okay, so I’m a little proud about the splits…At least I admit it. Of course, I need 7:38 per mile for 26.2 in order to go sub 3:20:00, so 7:28 per mile for 4.44 is nothing to get too excited about.

I almost named this blog “Marathons on 3 Days A Week” because I only get to train three days a week. You won’t find this as a recommended marathon training regimen from Runners World, but it’s all I got and I’ll take what I get without complaining. Being a three-day-a-week marathoner, missing a run is a BIG, BIG deal. As I mentioned earlier, I’m watching the girls full-time this week which will make it difficult to get in my runs. So, I dropped off the girls at care this morning and decided get in a quick run before going into the office a wee bit later than I should (feeling guilty). That’s why my splits were faster than usual, I really wanted to crank this one out to minimize my tardiness to the office.

The splits felt great, but I finished the run and the ball of my left foot started talking to me. In fact, it’s downright cranky right now. Now that I’m a runner counting down the days to turning 40, any tweak or twinge makes me want to run for the panic button. My internal dialog screams, “OH GREAT! That’s it Norton, you’re out of the game.” I’m going to let the calmer internal voice prevail today...I know it's in there telling me to breathe and reminding me not to pile onto what it really is...just a sore foot. I’m hoping that a little ibuprofen and ice will mend the ills by the morning. If not, my panic voice will dominate the next post. :)

Garmin Report: Per the info from John Blue (see post from this weekend) I modified my pace settings on the watch and got exactly what I was looking for. Also, 405 is connecting perfectly with my PC and uploading the info to Garmin Connect has been a breeze. I like the 405 more and more every day.

No comments: