Monday, August 18, 2008

Garmin Neophyte

Okay, I consider myself to be more than somewhat tech savvy, but I’ve been having more than my fair share of technical difficulties getting my Garmin Connect set up. Here’s how it’s supposed to work in a perfect world: Go for a run, plug in your Garmin 405 USB antenna, watch it sync, share your reports from Garmin Connect. Piece of cake, right? Wrong! My journey to “sharing” involved staying up until 2:00 AM on Sunday and an additional two hours on the line with Garmin Tech Support from 6:00 – 8:00 AM today. However, I do have to give credit to the Flo and Austin at Garmin. They were knowledgeable, patient, and persistent. Without them, I never, ever, would have gotten my 405 to work. Thank you Flo and Austin!!!!

So, I posted my run from Saturday. Let me know if you can see it. The interface is fairly rudimentary at the moment, I will update it as I learn more about the features of Garmin Connect.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/589868

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I checked out your garmin info. Looks like you have it figured out. It's nice to know my son's heart rate etc,. In a panic situation I can depend on you