Friday, August 15, 2008

Back on the Wheel

Distance: 5 (Land Park loop)

Time: Lost my watch

Pace: See above

Temp: a whole lot cooler than Las Vegas!!

Quality: 6/10

 

You may note a format change to my block. I’m going to echo the format of my brother’s blog from now on. I’m not above imitating him, heck, we’re twins! 

Okay, so I’m back from Vegas and the combination of oppressive heat, bad stomach, late hours, and $25 fitness room fees at the Bellagio sidelined my well-intentioned training plan. After a good night of sleep I got back into my shoes this AM for a modest-paced 5 (lost the watch).

On my way back from Land Park I cut through the C.K. McClatchy High School track and ran into Grant Carboni (AKA Coach Carboni) of the CKM Cross Country and Track Teams. I regularly run into the team at Land Park and report their shenanigans back to Grant. He’s an old running acquaintance of mine and a BIG TIME ultra runner, as is his wife, Leslie (former colleague and current friend). To punctuate their ultra zeal, Grant proposed to Leslie at the start of the Western States 100 two years ago…what a hopeless romantic. Anyhow, it was nice to catch up with him.

I have the girls for a 8 straight days while their mom is out of town. Getting in my runs is going to be a little tricky and I’m going to try to fit them in during lunch and with a little help from Abby and my parents. This could be another bad running week.

Good news, I’m going to use my winnings from Vegas, plus a gift card from my Bro to buy a Garmin 205…maybe.

 

No comments: