Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Two Runs, One Post

Okay, the Hamster got a little behind on his posts, so I'm going to get in two for the price of one.

Run 1 - Sunday Long Run in Los Altos

This run sucked! I ran from Los Altos Hills almost to the garnet gates of Stanford University. As you can see by the map, I spent most of my time on the foothill expressway: a four lane boulevard with HUGE bike lanes (8' wide). The reason the run sucked is because the final score had Bikes @ 150+ and Runners @ 4 (including the Hamster). The bicyclists did little dispell the bad reputation they have for being rude and arrogant. I got yelled at twice while doing everything I could to stay out of the way of their packs. It got so bad that I ran to the median of the boulevard whenever I saw them coming. Note to Bicycle Guy: get over yourself! My taxes pay for the same road you use. I'm willing to share it with you, show me the same courtesy!

Run 2 - Land Park 5

Distance: 5
Time: 0:37:50
Pace: 7:33/mi
Link: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/653428

This was a great run. I started out feeling a little flat, but quickly got into the groove. The best part of this run was seeing Abby on the run. She's training for the CIM Relay and decided to get in a few miles this morning around Land Park too.

Here are my splits.

Mile Split

  • 1 - 0:08:02
  • 2 - 0:07:42
  • 3 - 0:07:42
  • 4 - 0:07:36
  • 5 - 0:06:42 - I liked this one.

The downside of this run is that I was sweating until about 10:30 this morning! It's a good thing I don't smell.

1 comment:

mikenmary99 said...

You don't smell??? When did that happen?