Thursday, September 25, 2008

Two-fer

At the risk of breaking my motto (Marathons on three-days-a-week training) I got in an extra four mile run last night. Nothing exciting, just 8:00 mins/mile and a little sweat. I got up this morning and nabbed another  6.3 this morning again, at 8:01 mins/mile pace. Everything felt good, just not a whole lot in the tank this morning. I'll relax tomorrow and then get in 16 this Saturday with the LaBou crew: Rob, Mike, and ????

Random thought: my mind was ALL OVER THE PLACE this morning. I had a song stuck in my head (don't worry I won't share it an ruin your day too) and a million thoughts on top of the soundtrack of my run. How many thoughts does a person have in one day? Well, according to the National Science Foundation, people have between 12,000 and 50,000 thoughts a day...now THAT's quite a range. That's like Google Maps saying Sioux Falls, South Dakota is between New York and California...correct, but not a lot of help. How many thoughts do you have a day? Is a person who has more thoughts smarter than a person who has less thoughts? I think we all have the same number of thoughts, it's just a matter of being a critical consumer of the thoughts we choose to engage.  

1 comment:

mikenmary99 said...

Let me introduce you to deep thoughts by George Bush:

















Thank you,
M