Saturday, September 6, 2008

Saturday Long Run - 15

Okay, this run involved three people running three different distances meeting up and splitting off at differing points. Essentially, this was three different runs. Joe, Stephanie and I are linked Waldorf. We all have kids who attend the school. They are among an incredible amount of parents running marathons this fall from the school. Joe plans to run the CIM and Stephanie plans to run the Cowtown full marathon as well as the CIM (she’s nuts). We all share the goal of 3:20:00 or better for the CIM. Anyhow, Stephanie used this as her last long run before Cowtown so she ran from her house to meet me at 6:30 AM. Joe had an early soccer game, so he too ran from his house to meet me at 6:30. So 6:30 rolls around and everyone’s been running except me. What a sloth. Not only that, I’m the only one with fluid…what? I think Joe and Stephanie must be part camel. Now I feel like a sloth AND a sissy! Great.

Here’s what the run looked like:

 

Mile

Pace

Comments

1

0:08:07

Pick met up with Stephanie and Joe at my house

2

0:08:00

This split hit in front of the Cemetery

3

0:08:14

Up the incline into Old Sac.

4

0:08:04

Into Discovery Park and  onto the bike trail

5

0:08:06

Feeling good

6

0:08:13

No idea why we slowed here

7

0:08:02

Last split with Joe, he cut off to head home for a soccer game

8

0:07:48

Stephanie and I feel good so we pick up the pace

9

0:07:38

Still feeling good

10

0:07:42

Here too.

11

0:08:01

Stephanie feels good, but my legs are going flat at this point

12

0:07:52

I power though it hoping to turn things around

13

0:08:12

Nope, now I'm just a boat anchor for Stephanie

14

0:08:06

In the home stretch.

15

0:08:02

Gut it out sissy!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/748548

I planned to run a little faster, but my legs ran out of gas. My ego and Stephanie powered me through the last few. It was not my finest run. I definitely held Stephanie back on the last three miles. Sorry. If I were to predict the run times based on today’s run, I’d have Joe and Stephanie well below the 3:20:00 goal and me languishing around 3:30:00. I need to get my game together!

On a positive note. My foot feels good. I switched to an old pair of running shoes and it made all the difference. I guess my “new” shoes are the culprit. So I need to make a stop by Fleet Feet this week.

No comments: