Thursday, October 30, 2008

Speed Workout

It was a beautiful morning. The temp was right and the sunrise which unfolded during my half mile repeats was spectacular..it also put me on notice that the forecast for my Saturday run is rain and wind. Cool!

The halves, however, were lack luster. They started with my left quad yelling at me as I took my first step into the first half...great. It loosened up and I continued to gut out five mediocre halves. I wanted to do six, but the quad got chatty on the fifth interval and I asked myself, rhetorically, "What's more important, the sixth half or the CIM?" 

Notes from the Hamster Wheel:
  • All of you marathoners in training need to go home and give your significant other a hug, flowers, wine. Remember, as this NY Times article calls out, they're in it too.
  • Apparently, Nike feels the fastest runner DOESN'T always win. This article from SF Gate explains what happened to the "winner" of the Nike women's marathon in San Francisco a couple of weeks ago. 
  • Wanna get a look at what your pace could be for the CIM based on some of those fun runs you've put in? Head to the Race Time Predictor ...if you dare. :-)
  • Also, here's a great pace calculator from Cool Runnings . I use it all the time.
Back to the wheel.

No comments: