Thursday, October 16, 2008

Five Plus Strides

I got in five this morning and it felt good. I thought I'd still feel the effects of my inaugural speed workout but, much to my surprise, my legs felt fresh and ready to go. 

My pace was much faster than my anticipated marathon pace of 7:37 and, for the first time since I started training for the CIM, the pace felt easy. Of course, feeling easy for five and feeling easy for 26.2 are WORLDS apart, but I'll take the small victory. 

In addition to "speed" workouts, I've added strides to the end of my runs (again, in an effort to draw out every last morsel of speed). I finished the run and tacked on a paltry four sprints. My goal was not to yard sale in the middle of the street in front of my neighbors. Mission accomplished.

Planning on another 18 this weekend and then Four Bridges next weekend.

No comments: