Monday, January 5, 2009

Wet 5

I woke this morning at 5 am and realized that there was no way I was going to get back to sleep. Apparently, the snooze feature on my mind has malfunctioned. So I got up, threw on some running gear and figured I'd make the most of being up early by getting in a few miles. I opened the door and was surprised to discover rain! I've been in a fog since going to Napa this weekend (go figure) and have not paid any attention to weather forecasts. Oops. Oh well, I pulled the hat down and headed out. I was hoping for a slow five, but I ran into Austin and my pace suddenly took a turn for the faster. We caught up on the last month and talked about upcoming runs. Austin has family in Solvang so he wants to run the Santa Barbara half later this spring. He figures 1:05 or 1:06 will win it and he wants the $700 in prize money, watch and two magnums of wine...he seemed most interested in the wine. :-) Good luck Austin. 

Back to the wheel. 

No comments: