Sunday, January 4, 2009

Land Park 8

I got in 8 with Carlos, Joe, Cameron, and Strada. We met at Land Park at 8:30 and had no idea about how far we'd want to go...my favorite kind of run. It was really cold (around 34 degrees plus wind). Yes, I know that there are many places where "cold" means 30 below, but this is Sacramento and 30 degrees is cold enough for me. We did a couple of laps around Land Park and then headed to Tower Cafe and back. 

On the run we discussed Boston logistics. Of course neither Carlos nor Joe have registered yet. Assuming they get in, Carlos and Cameron plan to stay with a friend in Boston. If Joe decides not to go with the fam, then he and I will make it a low-budget affair: cheap hotel, short stay, no frills. If not then Abby and I will make other arrangements. Luckily airfare is coming down ($400 round trip per person) but it's still hardly affordable. I really want to run Boston, but I also really DON'T want to go broke doing it!

Back to the wheel...

No comments: