Saturday, January 24, 2009

Easy 10 To Discovery Park...and a Muffin Top

I dragged my carcass out of bed the morning to run 10 miles at 6:45 with Stephanie. She's a very, very talented runner and it took all I had just to hang with her. My lack of training is taking it's toll on my svelte physique. As I strolled past a mirror this morning, I couldn't help but notice the jiggling muffin top spilling over my running shorts. I need to lay off the good eats and add some more miles to my week.

Speaking of good eats, I spent the afternoon at a child's birthday party which featured a better selection of food than most inaugural balls. So much for cutting back on the calories. Anyhow, one of the featured events of the party was a Dora the Explorer pinata. I the kids tore through poor Dora like sharks in a feeding frenzy. I almost felt bad for the pinata. Once they were through Dora looked like she was taken out by a vicious mafia hit. We rolled what was left of Dora up in the outdoor carpet and dropped her in the river. 


No comments: