Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The week in review...

Last week I got in 6 on Monday, 6 on Thursday, and 13 (or so) on Saturday. 

Monday run was around Land Park. I stumbled across Melissa (a friend of Abby's) going the other way, so I made a u-turn and we shared a mile together before I peeled off for home. 

Thursday's run (Thanksgiving) found me on the bike trail with family and friends. We gave up battling with 27,000 other runnes at the Run To Feed The Hungry. It's a great run, but not one I want to do with the kids. I'm terrified I might lose one...which would be a bad thing. Right? :-) Mike (bro) was in town and looked really good on the run. I think he's on pace to do really well at the Phoenix Rock n Roll Marathon in January.

Friday...yes, I know I didn't run on Friday but it's here for a reason. Friday is posted to prove that I am an idiot. I took the girls to a birthday party at the Sky High trampoline complex. It's great fun. It's also a whole lot of work. Who knew jumping up and down on a trampoline for 90 minutes could be so exhausting? Who knew it would work muscle groups in my legs I didn't know I had? Yes, you guessed it, I was sore on Saturday, and Sunday, and Monday, and still a little bit this morning. Idiot! Of course, my lame ego couldn't let me be satisfied with a little jumping and then off the trampoline. No, in my quest to be the superhuman Daddy my girls think I am (note: I'm aware that this is only temporary...why do you think I'm getting the most out of it right now?), I jumped as high as I possibly could...pretty high. Was that enough? No. I also had to figure out how to do full standing front flips...as many as I could in a row. Which turned out to be three. I drew the line at back flips out of a fear that they'd need to call 911 and remove me on a backboard. Idiot. Without pulling a muscle, it was possibly the dumbest thing I could have done. My legs are completely flat right now.

I'm going to run three on Thursday, try to sneak in a massage on Friday, and remain velcroed to my couch until Sunday morning.

No comments: