Monday, December 8, 2008

The CIM

I have a busy work week ahead and may not get to post about the full CIM experience until later this week. In the meantime I wanted to post a quick synopsis. I qualified for Boston. Mission accomplished...though it was far from easy and far from a lock. I needed to finish with a 3:20:00 so I could go to Boston (thank you Mom for birthing me 40 years ago and two weeks before the start of the Boston Marathon!), and I finished 3:19:57. In other words I crashed and burned and redefined pain over the last three miles of the course. As you picture my sprint to the finish, imagine a plane riddled with bullets, its engine on fire, one landing gear down, and half a wing missing as it tries to land on a pitching carrier in the middle of the ocean...yeah, it was a lot like that. Hey, any landing you can walk away from, right?

Real quick:
  • Thank you to Abby for supporting my three-day-a-week running habit at the expense of our time together. I love you.
  • Thank you to everyone who ran any run with me whatsoever...running is SO much easier and higher quality with someone next to you. Rob Saint Evens, Carlos Jora, Cameron Yee, Strada Morris, Joe Cress, Sephanie Finelli, Mike Morris (not related to Strada), and Austin Weaver. Thank you
Job well done to:
  • Mom and Abby running the first leg of the CIM relay for their teams...I really enjoyed the company before the run.
  • Rob Saint Evens - 04:15:11 - One month off for a bad achilles (now healed). Not bad
  • Carlos Jora - 03:18:58 - Carlos has sub 3:10 written all over him.
  • Sephanie Finelli - 03:18:05 - On the heels of a 3:19 performance at the Cowtown. WOW.
  • Cameron Yee - 03:53:05 - Yet another great finish. 

Back to the wheel...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on a job WELL DONE, but if you make it that close again, I will have a heart attack. Love, Mom