Saturday, December 6, 2008

Tick, tock, tick, tock...

Counting down the time to the start of the CIM. Only 18 hours to go. 

Chronology of CIM preparation:
  • 6:00 PM last night: The Expo. Abby and I headed to the expo to pick up our packets. The Expo was very well organized and easy to negotiate. I managed to get out of there without any impulse purchases.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner at Mikuni's. Abby took me to Mikuni's on J street. The place was filled with marathoners from the Expo. I feel sorry for the food servers, no one was drinking and everyone was eating sensibly. It must have been a bad night for tips.
  • Sleeeeeeep: I slept really well last night! It must have been the sushi.
Today's Plan: I planned to be a couch potato. Only time will tell if I was successful...enough. 
  • I ran to Target to get some tube socks (cut of the ends and you have great disposable arm warmers for the run). 
  • I prepped all of my materials for the CIM (another blog entry). 
  • I have a quick errand at 2 with Abby. 
  • Then I'll stop at the Chiropractor (Thank you Kamala Turko). 
  • From 4 - 6 I'll be wrapping presents for a school thing and then picking up the girls. 
  • Off to my parent's for dinner. The girls and I will be staying the night with my parents.
  • My final errand will be dropping off a car at the first relay hand off for my mom and Abby.
  • Sleeeeeeeep
Tomorrow's Plan:
  • Get up at 4:00 am. Eat a bagel with peanut butter, a banana, a cup of tea, and a handful of Hammer supplements. Drag mom to the car (she's already informed me that this will be the case)
  • Depart at 4:30 to get Abby (not a morning person...definitely NOT an o'dark thirty girl when it's foggy and freeeeeeeezing cold)
  • Steal my favorite parking spot (less than 100 yards from the finish line). 
  • Walk to the Sheraton to catch a bus up to Folsom with 6000 close friends. :-)
  • Run fat boy, run.
We'll see how well it goes. Stay tuned,

No comments: