Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Gear

Starting in the top left and moving clockwise:

  • Drop bag with my number on it
  • The CIM shirt...it's the best yet! I won't wear it tomorrow, but I wanted to get it in the photo anyway.
  • Garment Pile: Hat, short sleeve shirt, and compression underwear. No, Mike, they are NOT panties!
  • Garment Pile 1: Socks with the big wheel and my Brooks running shorts.
  • Tube Socks: I cut the bottom off tube socks and use them to keep my arm warm. Don't laugh. They work REALLY well.
  • Body Glide: friction = bad.
  • Vitamins: two capsules of hammer nutrition supplements (old man pills)
  • Recoverite for after the run.
  • Hammer Gel: two flasks of Raspberry Hammer Gel. I figure I'll need 8 ounces of gel for the run. So I split it into two flasks and added some water to thin it out. Gel in 40 degree weather takes on the consistency of Vaseline
  • Electrolyte Pills for the run. I figure I'll need 3 per hour.
  • Not Pictured: the Garmin 405 watch and my vomit green Brooks Defyance shoes.

No comments: