Thursday, November 13, 2008

Weekly Roundup...

So, here's the week's workouts so far...both of them. :-) 

Tuesday, fast 6 around Land Park. I had every intention of running 10, but I was out late the night before at Hawk's  restaurant for a wine dinner featuring the Frank Family Vineyard . Good wine...a lot of wine...throbbing head on the run. Actually, i was impressed that I could maintain a decent pace with a hangover. Okay, I'm a loser. 

Thursday, I laid of speed work for two weeks after my quad got cranky running yasso 800 repeats. In the mean time I read up on speed work for marathoning and discovered, much to my chagrin, that I should be running 1200 repeats instead. So I ran a paltry 4 x 1200 repeats at the park today. The proof will come in slightly over 3 weeks. 

Other notes from the hamster wheel:
  • Austin Weaver strained his hamstring setting a course record at the Apple Hill Harvest run and will not be able to run the CIM. 
  • Rob Saint Evens has been working through an achilles problem which was diagnosed last night as tendonitis. His CIM prognosis is questionable.
  • The CIM is full! All 6000 marathon entries and 750 team slots have been filled. This means that race day could see as many as 9000 athletes on the course. It's nice to see our little marathon growing up.

No comments: