Saturday, November 22, 2008

Getting Caught Up...

Bad Hamster! I've neglected my blog. Here's the quick catch up for the week's events:

Saturday: I ran 17.5 with Carlos around Sacramento. I dragged him onto the AR Parkway the last time we ran, so I felt it was fair for me to follow him on one of his runs. We started at his house by Land Park (a familiar theme in my runs), ran around Land Park, down Land Park Dr to E Street in mid-town, to past McKinley part to Elvas, down Elvas and into CSUS (stroll down memory lane), and back. It was great running with Carlos, he's in fantastic shape (I predict 3:13 @ the CIM for him), but contending with stoplights and traffic took its toll on me. The las couple of miles were more than a little difficult...bonk.

Tuesday: I had a dentist appointment at 7:00 am, so I only got in 5 around Land Park. It felt slow, painful, and demoralizing. I've officially had more bad runs that good in the last few weeks. :-(

Thursday: I hooked up with Austin for 9.5 around Land Park. It was a refreshing change to not run solo mid-week. Austin and I averaged around 7:20 mins/mi (snail pace for him) and I felt refreshed. 


No comments: