Monday, November 10, 2008

Weekend Round Up

I got in 20 on Saturday. I went out a little slower than 8 mins/mi and came back sub 7:30 mins/mi until about mile 18.5. Then the wheels came off and I bonked. I stopped fueling late in the run, I ran 20's on back-to-back weekends, the moon wasn't aligned with Saturn...or, maybe, just maybe, my hare-brained desire to run a good marathon on three days a week training has come back to bite me. I'm beginning to wonder if it's possible to run a good marathon without getting in more miles than I have. The halves have been great, but I just don't seem to have enough in the tank for the 20s. Whereas a couple of weeks ago I thought was staring at 3:15 - 3:18 for the marathon, I'm now calling into question 3:20:59. I've decided to play conservative and give myself the best chance at 3:20. I'm going to head out with the 3:20 group and stay with them until mile 20 or 22 and only then will I speed up if I feel good. It's hard for me to part with 3:15. I want it so badly. 

Other Weekend Performances
  • Carlos Jora at the Clarksburg 20 Miler turned in 2:24:17 (7:13 mins/mi). It looks like Carlos wants to go sub 3:10 at the CIM. 
  • Cameron Yee at the Big Sur Half Marathon completed with a solid 1:47:43 (8:13 mins/mi).
  • Kris Levy at the Clarksburg Half Marathon finished with a 2:16:59 (10:27 mins/mi). She's in shape to run the CIM, but chose to train elementary school children for the CIM 2.6 mile run instead. We should share her spirit of volunteerism.
Back to the wheel for this hamster...

No comments: