Sunday, November 2, 2008

Deluge!!!

I had to get in 20 this Saturday which coincided with Sacramento getting about 10% of its annual rainfall total. Nice. Actually, I took advantage of a break in the weather and only got dumped on for the last 8 of the 20, so, it could have been worse...but not much. I was so cold after the run that, even after a long, hot shower, I was shivering. I felt great on the run up until the last two miles. Everything seized up: knees, ankles, feet (yes, they can seize and it's not pretty), quads. In fact, I didn't feel like myself until about three hours after the run. I need to find a way to stay warm if it rains like this at the CIM. Let me know if anyone has suggestions.
  • Kara Goucher made her marathon debut at the NY City Marathon today. Hers was the fastest debut marathon by an American woman. Her 2:25:53 finish meant she averaged 5:33 over the windy course. Check out other results as well.
  • Jim Obermaier (friend) finished the Indianapolis Monumental Half Marathon  in 1:57:10. Nice job Jim. Jim also finished the Indianapolis Marathon last month in a time of 4:39:39. He dedicated the run to the memory of his father.
  • Austin Weaver. On a local note, I've been blogging from time to time about a new runner in Sacramento, Austin. Well, he debuted at the Apple Hill Harvest run this weekend. The 8.5 mile course is hilly, but a lot of fun. Just ask Austin, he won it by more than a five minute margin. Did I mention he's fast? At 44:46, he averaged 5:16 per mile. Way to go Austin.

No comments: