Thursday, November 6, 2008

Land Park 6

It was another good run today. I ran a slow first mile to warm up and then averaged 7:20 mins/mi for the last 5+. The only thing disconcerting about the runs this week is that I have no rhyme or reason to when I run well or poorly. In general though, I'm running better and better...and that's a good thing with only four weeks (plus a few days) until the CIM. I'm planning to run 20 this weekend and then slowly taper from there...of course, how much can I taper when I only run three days a week? :-) 

Thoughts from the Hamster Wheel:
  • The Theracane: Okay, laugh all you want, but I've had a couple of cranky muscles soothed by the theracane over the last few weeks and I thought I'd share. I first ran across the theracane at a friends house and I thought he'd inadvertently left some perverse sex toy laying around. But, I tried it and bought it online the next day. I really works. 
  • RunnersWorld Training Calculator: I got this one from my brother. Nice find Mike. Enter the distance and time that you want to hit, and the calculator pops up another screen that has three tabs across the top; the Distance Finish Times, is how fast you should be able to run each distance; then Training Paces was really interesting as it had what target pace they recommend for easy, tempo, and long runs; finally, Pace is the mph and minute/mile break out for the marathon.   It's a fun page to play with. 
Run well...

No comments: