Monday, February 2, 2009

Land Park 10 and some other stuff...

Here's the dirty, got in 10 with Joe and Carlos on Saturday. They're both in great shape while I resemble an amorphous blob. I titled this the Land Park 10, but in reality we went all over the place: Land Park, Pocket, along the river, Miller Park, to the edge of Old Sac, through downtown, and back to the park. Oh, I forgot over the river and through the woods...oops, wrong blog. 

Boston Update: Joe booked our flights last night, I'll post the info as soon as I have it. 

Shoe Update: with the specter of plantar and Boston less than three months out, I decided it was time for a new pair of shoes. I love the Brooks Defyance! In them, I was able to train for a marathon and, for the first time, not lose a single toenail. (pause for a collective EWWWW! from non-runners and a collective REALLLY?!?!?! from the runners) :-) So I ran over to Fleet Feet on Saturday and picked up the latest edition, the Brooks Defyance 2. So far, the only difference I notice is that Brooks decided to drop bile green as the color choice. I'll let you know more after my first couple o runs.

Back to the wheel...

No comments: