Tuesday, February 10, 2009

5 in the LP

The thermometer read a brisk 30 degrees this AM. BRRRRRRRRRRRRR! It's a good thing I forgot my long sleeve shirt. That said, the bank robber hat I purchased a couple of weeks ago really kept the dome warm. Popular believe is that the "typical" head holds 13 - 16 percent of the body's blood and accounts for up to 30 percent of the bodies heat loss (cite). Of course, with a dome the disproportionate size of mine, I could safely up that to 40 percent. :-) However, with the hat on, I actually felt very comfortable. It seemed more like a balmy 40 degrees.

Anyhow, I got in five and ran into long-time friend Grietje Reuter. She's not training for any runs right now, but she wants to swim across Lake Tahoe this summer. I told her she was crazy to which she replied, "I'm a large Danish girl...cold water doesn't affect me." Power to the Danes, once again proving that I am a big sissy. :-)

Back to the wheel...

No comments: