Friday, April 17, 2009

The Witches Brew (Patent Pending)

The following is an email from my brother. We're both big Hammer Nutrition fans and we've been experimenting with a cocktail of their products perfectly balanced for our marathons. Here's the latest iteration...

I don't think the world is interested in the "witches brew", so here it is for you. In a small mixing bowl combine:
1 single serve of Perpetuem
2 single serve HEEDs (use the unflavored)
4 single serve Hammer Gel
Just enough water to help the mixture into two Hammer Flasks (possibly 2-3 oz.)

Stir the stuff up and pour it into (as stated above) two Hammer Flasks.

No foam, froth, or gas of any kind.  As one flask emptied, I filled it with a little water and it freed up the rest of the stuff.   I thought I was going to give the flask to Mary when I saw her on mile 19, but I started to fill the empty flask with water, which worked out really well.   This gave me water when I wanted it as opposed to waiting for the water stops.  My body was very happy with that decision.   I'm in love with hammer flasks!!!!  Also, I was very happy that, for once in my life, I gambled on my race strategy for the marathon and it worked out VERY WELL.

No comments: