Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hair Removal

Okay, so I've already established that I scream like a girl. I saw fit to prove it once again. We also know I've had some calf pain and that I've been willing to do just about ANYTHING to make it go away: compression socks, somatic treatments, new shoes, stretching, etc. In that vein, I thought I'd try the Salonpas pain relief patch (It's a topical analgesic). It actually worked pretty well...that is until I took the little patch off. Now, I'm not a furry guy. In the fur o'meter, I'm about about a three (one being Mr. Clean and ten being Yeti-esque); however, my legs are a little more harry than the "three." Anyhow, I ripped that sucker off and had a carpet for a hamster (see enclosed pic). Ouch.

Other news: I went to Lino on Friday after the calf got cranky on my Thursday run...not good. I then got in two 8.5 mile runs this weekend with only modest discomfort. One week to go before Boston. It's gonna be a bumpy ride.

Back to the wheel...

No comments: