Thursday, May 7, 2009

On the road again...

After a brief post-Boston hiatus I'm back on the road this week with
two runs at Land Park. I'm happy to report no aches or pains from any
of the ailments which hampered my training for Boston.

Endurance running is a hobby for me, but it's an obsession for others.
I follow a couple of running blogs and I one of the guys just ran the
Ruth Anderson 50K and then the Boston Marathon two days later. I
thought I was doing well to finish two minutes ahead of him at Boston
until I realized that was because he paced his 67 year old father the
whole way (a 3:45 marathon @ 67, wow). But that's not all, the
following weekend the ran a sub 3 hour marathon @ Big Sur and capped
it all off with the Miwok 100K last weekend. That's 144.5 miles of
racing in 15 days. Freak! :)

Like I said, it's just a hobby for me, but there's a small part of me
who wants to do that too...

Back to the wheel.

--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments: