Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Two-a-day workout

Well, not really, but sort of. :-) I ran 5.5 last night and 5 again this morning. Again, no pain. This is significant because I ran on two consecutive days. Now I know, with the marathon a scant 20 days away you're thinking, "So what?" Okay, so am I. But it is significant in that I was able to do it and not aggravate any of the nasties. Given the litany of ailments in the last two months, I'll hail two runs in two days as a small victory.

In other news, 650 runners will mass at CalExpo pre-dawn this Saturday to run the American River 50 (AR50). 200 of them will be first-time ultra-runners. Good luck to you all!! Of special note: Gloria Takagishi (63) will be running her 30th AR50. If she does, she will be the first person to finish the AR50 30 times. Truly amazing.

No comments: